Hannah Brook Farm pickling cucumbers are great for sandwiches, salads, and of course, pickles! Let’s make some together! These will taste even better as the flavour infuses, so if you can, wait 2 days before eating. Omit the chili if you’re not a spicy fan.
This recipe will yield 2 x 500ml jars that can live in the fridge for several weeks, and all the ingredients are available through Livlite. Easy!
– Wash the cucumbers thoroughly. Trim off the ends, and cut away any blemishes or wrinkly parts. Make sure they’re short enough to fit in the jar.
– Cut cukes into whatever shape you like: thick slices, big coins, or quarters.
– Peel the garlic and shallot. Slice finely.
– Combine the brine ingredients in a pot, and let it come up to a boil, while assembling jars.
– Divide the spices, garlic, shallots, and cucumbers evenly between the jars.
– Pour the hot brine into the jars. carefully tap them to ensure air bubbles are gone, and poke contents with a spoon if needed, to make sure everything is submerged.
– Let pickles cool to room temp, put lids on, and keep them in the fridge. Enjoy!