- 1 cup/240ml white basmati rice
- 2 large/4 small cloves garlic
- 1 large pinch of salt, to taste (about 1/2 tsp)
- 1/2 cup / 120ml coconut milk
- 1 cup/240ml water
- Grate garlic finely into a heavy-bottomed pot/pan with high sides.
- Add the rice, salt, and coconut milk. Stir until lump-free.
- Pour in the water and put the rice on max heat. Bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to between minimum and low.
- Put a tight-fitting lid on it, and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Take the rice off the heat and let it stand (still covered) for another 10 minutes.
- Fluff it with a fork, and it’s ready. I know it smells good, but don’t burn your mouth.
This is the rice in a bowl with organic sesame seeds, organic avocado, white @salty_cabbage_kimchi, @hannahbrookfarms pickling cucumber, and @tempeafoods soy tempeh, that I simmered in the rest of the coconut milk with @sriracharevolver’s chili garlic sauce.